WWE Money In The Bank 2020 Preview And Predictions





Welcome one and all to my preview and predictions blog for the upcoming WWE live special, Money In The Bank. I hope you are all well during this crazy time. It's been a bit of a strange time in the WWE. First we had the only Wrestlemania to take place without an audience and now not only will there be the first ever Money In The Bank match to take place on the roof of the WWE headquarters but, also both the men's and women's matches will take place at the same time. Whilst I may not be a great advocate for some of the recent goings on behind the scenes in WWE (releases galore, Trump affiliations) I do enjoy the way in which the product is being presented. As always I will be talking about the matches in no particular order. 

If you have any comments or feedback about this or any of my posts leave a comment in the section below this post or by following me on Twitter and Instagram


1. Fatal 4 Way Match For Smackdown Tag Team Championship: The New Day (C) Vs. The Miz And John Morrison Vs. The Forgotten Sons Vs. The Lucha House Party: This match will have the only tag team championship to be defended as the RAW tag team champions will not even be on the card for this event for some reason. The tag team division on Smackdown got some recent additions and due to circumstances the division as a whole have been given time to flourish as a whole. I have really enjoyed seeing the feud between The New Day and Miz and Morrison and whilst I'm always up for a multi team match I would have liked to have seen a match with just those two teams. The Forgotten Sons have finally gained a little bit of attention and traction after they fell by the wayside a little on NXT. They bring a different aspect to the division that could prove to be the X factor in this match. The Lucha House Party have floated about since moving up from 205 Live and I'm glad they are finally getting a bit of television time. This should be a really entertaining match that will more than likely kick off the event. I'm not too sure how this one will go but I think that The New Day will probably come out with the win and this feud will continue with different matches between the four teams. 


2. Smackdown Women's Championship: Bayley (C) Vs. Tamina: I hate to say that I am surprised to see Tamina in a championship match but, well I'm really surprised to see Tamina in a championship match. Tamina has been on an incredible run since coming back from injury and I'm glad to see that she has really used this opportunity wisely. Heel Bayley continues to entertain to no end because she is just so like ably unlikable. I would think that Sasha Banks will be a huge factor in this match as she is not in the MITB match. This should be an interesting match that will hopefully be a great showcase for both talents. As I said this match will be influenced by Sasha Banks and I think this may be the point that Sasha and Bayley go their separate ways. I do however think that Bayley will come out with the win and head into a feud with Sasha Banks. 


3. WWE Universal Championship: Braun Strowman (C) Vs. Bray Wyatt: To say that Braun Strowman has really moved into a new role quickly would be an understatement. He wasn't even on the Wrestlemania card until the week prior to the event but, with Roman Reigns going home indefinitely, Strowman was put into the main event and became Universal Champion. Bray Wyatt has been hovering about in the main event picture since losing his championship to Goldberg a few months back and after a truly bizarre Firefly Fun house match at Wrestlemania, his segments continue to be the most entertaining thing on WWE television at the moment.  This should be a little different from the usual dark scary Fiend match with Bray Wyatt himself taking part in the match. I think Strowman will retain but, will have to come face to face with The Fiend sooner rather than later. 


4. WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre (C) Vs. Seth Rollins: I was really happy to see Drew McIntyre become WWE champion as it was a real feel good moment in all of this craziness. It is really nice to have both main championships being defended regularly again and McIntyre heads into his toughest match to date. Seth Rollins has really taken the heel character and made it his own over the past few months, the Monday Night Messiah, has shown why he is one of the top heel competitors in WWE at the moment and also why he is better fitted in this role. This should be a great back and forth match between the top talent on RAW and will hopefully see McIntyre come out with his championship however, I think Murphy and perhaps a new disciple of the Monday Night Messiah will get involved some how. It is to be seen if we get a cash in at some point and this match may see a RAW superstar win the MITB match early in the night and cash in. 


5. Women's MITB Ladder Match: This is a really great mix of some top talent and talent really deserving of an opportunity like this match. Asuka has been flip flopping a little bit since losing her tag team championship at Wrestlemania but, a win could see another match with Becky Lynch. Shayna Baszler lost in pretty quick fashion at Wrestlemania so I think she has a lot to prove throughout this match. Nia Jax is a very likely winner so I think she may dominate the field and may even be a factor in the men's match. Dana Brooke and Carmella are the outsiders but, I don't think that's a bad thing. This could be a proving ground for the over looked superstars. It is Lacey Evans that is a very likely candidate to be the winner of the much coveted briefcase. It is really hard to predict a winner in this match as I'm not actually sure what to expect in this match. If I had to pick a winner I would say Lacey Evans as a win like this would finally push her to the position she deserves to be in. 

6. Men's MITB Ladder Match: Like the women's match it is really hard to pick a winner in this match. There are so many x factors at play in this match and I feel that there is a very good reason that both the men's and women's matches are taking place at the same time. AJ Styles was the final entrant into this match, replacing the "injured" Apollo Crews, this could be another feather in Style's cap and I could see him challenging for Drew McIntyre's championship. King Corbin is another heavy favourite in this match, having won one already but, I think Daniel Bryan will be influential in Corbin not becoming a two time winner of this match. Aleister Black is the real X factor in this match and I think he could really benefit from winning a match of this stature. Rey Mysterio is a great addition in this match and I think he will provide some great spots in the match. Otis, like Aleister Black is a real X factor in this match but, I can't really see him winning and I think it'll be Dolph Ziggler that costs him a shot in this match. This should be an interesting watch throughout and I think this will be a match we talk about for a while to come. If I had to pick a winner I would have to say Aleister Black is a sentimental favourite. 

Comments