Wrestlemania 36 Preview And Predictions



Welcome one and all to my preview and predictions blog for Wrestlemania 36. It's a weird time at the moment. I was pretty sure this event wasn't going to take place due to the current worldwide situation but, I honestly think this might be one of the most interesting weekends in WWE's recent history and honestly I think splitting the event into two nights is the best idea they have had as it keeps the audiences interest peaked with two 3 hour shows rather than one giant 6 hour, empty arena show. On the depressing subject of Coronavirus, I hope all of you are keeping well and following guidelines. Hopefully things will pick up soon and we can get back to our normal lives.

As always if you have any comments or feedback on this or any post leave a comment in the section below or by following me on Twitter and Instagram. I will be talking about the matches in no particular order.


1. Aleister Black Vs. Bobby Lashley: I wasn't really overly fussed about this match when it was announced but, the more I think about it, this match could be pretty entertaining. Bobby Lashley is caught in a little bit of a limbo as the story line with Lana and Rusev fizzled out due to ongoing contract negotiations. Aleister Black is really building himself as a credible main event star with some incredible performances against the likes of Murphy and AJ Styles. This should be a fast paced, hard hitting affair with both men hopefully showing why they are indispensable in the WWE. I think Aleister Black will come out with the win.


2. Kevin Owens Vs. Seth Rollins: Owens and Rollins have had a great series of matches and a decent feud for the past few months which has seen Rollins become the top bad guy on Raw in no real time. I'm still to be sold on his new stable but, it can't hurt the AOP or Murphy from getting a little bit of TV time. Owens has become an anti hero style character since his return and I love that Owens can really straddle the line between good and bad guy. This should be a great match, filled with some great moments. I'm not sure how this match will turn out but, if Rollins gets a bit of help from his friends, The Monday Night Messiah will come out on top.


3. Otis Vs. Dolph Ziggler: This is a weird little match that has a lot of what I love about WWE, good story telling. I'm not the biggest fan of Ziggler or Otis but, I've found myself really drawn into their feud. Otis has really won over the fans in the past few months and as much as I love Heavy Machinery as a team it's nice to see Otis branch out on his own. This should be a short, sharp match filled with story line drama with the winner really depending on which way Mandy Rose chooses to go. I would love to see Otis win but, I think Ziggler will come out with the win.


4. WWE Women's Tag Team Championship: The Kabuki Warriors (C) Vs. Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross: Asuka and Sane have really come into their own as the heel team, Asuka in particular has rejuvenated her WWE career by being an entertaining bad guy, likewise with Kairi Sane, who was floating about not really doing anything before teaming with Asuka. Alexa Bliss has had a strange couple of years, dealing with numerous injuries but, she has really seen a bit of a revival since joining forces with Nikki Cross. This should be an interesting enough match and will hopefully bring some credibility to the overlooked women's tag team division. I love the team of Bliss and Cross but, I really love the Kabuki Warriors and I think they deserve a dominant run with the championships, Asuka and Kairi Sane will win the match.


5. Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn (C) Vs. Daniel Bryan: Both Daniel Bryan and Sami Zayn have been on a bit of a role lately and I'm glad to see both men taking advantage of the spotlight. Daniel Bryan has aligned himself with Drew Gulak and honestly this is a tag team that could easily be champions and put on incredible matches but, I like the dynamic of the relationship that they have just now. Sami Zayn has really shown a completely different side of his character since forming the Artist Collective and I'm glad it has given all three men in the team some much needed and deserved television time. This should be a great match that will have a lot of fans talking and with so many outside factors that could come into play it's hard to pick a winner. I would love to see Daniel Bryan pick up another championship but, I think Zayn losing the championship so quickly would damage any momentum he has, I think Sami Zayn will retain.


6. Elias Vs. King Corbin: I think King Corbin is by far one of the best bad guys on WWE programming at the moment and I can't see that changing any time soon. Time after time Corbin has proven how good he is at making the audience hate him before he even steps foot in the ring and that is the true mark of a good bad guy. Elias continues to flip back and forth between being loved and hated and honestly it's a little frustrating. I don't mind his current gimmick but, I think he works better as a bad guy. This will be a decent enough match but, I can't see it lasting more than a few minutes. King Corbin will pick up the win.


7. Raw Tag Team Championship: The Street Profits (C) Vs. Angel Garza And Austin Theory: The Street Profits have been a little unlucky to win the championships at this current time, they really should be getting the attention they deserve but, with all that's going on they have been lost in the shuffle. The newly formed team of Angel Garza and Austin Theory, replacing the injured Andrade, could prove to work incredibly well and I wouldn't be surprised if Theory made the jump to Raw or Smackdown sooner rather than later. This should be a fast paced match that will be a highlight of the Wrestlemania weekend. All four men could have serious career progression if they perform well in this match. I think Street Profits will come out with the win but, I think Garza and Theory will put up a hell of a fight.


8. Boneyard Match: The Undertaker Vs. AJ Styles: I have no idea what a Boneyard Match is but, my mind is filled with different ideas of how the match will be presented. The only upside of the pre filmed matches are that there is time to make them as cinematic and creative as possible. This match lends itself to that theory and I think this will be a great presentation. I have really loved the thrown together programme between Taker and Styles and as much as I hate to admit it, I think this match will steal the entire show. I think Taker will win the match simply because he actually knows what it is.


9. Smackdown Women's Championship: Bayley (C) Vs. Sasha Banks Vs. Lacey Evans Vs. Naomi Vs. Tamina: This was originally set as a 6 pack challenge but, due to illness, the match is now a 5 way match. The interesting factor of this match is what will happen between Sasha and Bayley and how it will effect the rest of the match. The real x factor of this match is Tamina, who has never really gained the momentum that she deserves. Lacey Evans and Naomi have formed a bond over the past few weeks but, when it comes to the match I think they will have a great showing too. This will be fast paced and a great example of the sometimes overlooked Smackdown women's division. I think that this may be Lacey Evans time so I think she will come out with the win.


10. Last Man Standing: Edge Vs. Randy Orton: I was just as surprised as anyone when Edge returned to the WWE in January and since then he has really made everyone why he was just that good. Randy Orton continues to float through WWE with a disdain and exhaustion but, Edge's return to the fray has seemingly revitalised him as a performer. This match is reportedly been shot in a location outside of the performance centre so it'll be interesting to see how the WWE uses the Last Man Standing concept outside of the ringside. This should be a real highlight of Wrestlemania and perhaps one of the best matches of both performers careers. I think Edge will come out with the win and continue his career in WWE.


11. Smackdown Tag Team Championship Ladder Match: The Miz And John Morrison (C) Vs. The Usos Vs. The New Day: It is reported that The Miz is out of the match as he is ill so it'll be interesting to see what happens with this match. These three teams have really brought out the best and Miz and Morrison have really settled back into where they were before Morrison left the company and are entertaining as heels. The Uso's and The New Day continue to bring the best out of each other and this match promises to be another chapter in their storied feud. This should be a decent enough match and I think the Uso's will pick up the win.


12. Firefly Funhouse Match: The Fiend Bray Wyatt Vs. John Cena: It is no secret that I am a hige supporter of everything Bray Wyatt and I was a little gutted when he lost to big bad Billy G a few months ago but, what the audience has been left with is something better than some rubber match. This should be as weird, wacky and theatrical as any Wrestlemania match has ever been but, with the added draw of taking place outside of the confines of the WWE ring. John Cena and Bray Wyatt really bring the best out in each other and the story build for this match has been both compelling and unsettling in equal measure. This should be a bit of a polarising match, not being for everyone, I am really looking forward to seeing what happens in this one and I really think The Fiend will drive John Cena out of WWE for a while at least.


13. Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (C) Vs. Shayna Baszler: This match would normally be on the top of the card however, with the stacked card this year both Lynch and Baszler may get stuck in the middle somewhere which is a shame because this has main event written all over it. Becky Lynch has almost jumped the shark over the past year becoming too popular and losing a little of the unbridled support that she had this time last year. Baszler has transitioned onto Raw pretty well and is only getting started. This should be a brutal match, hard hitting and exciting. It will be interesting to see what happens in the end of this one. I think that Baszler may come out with the win but, I can't see where Lynch would go from there. I would like to see a heel Lynch but, I really don't know who will win this one. If I have to make a decision I think Baszler.


14. Universal Championship: Goldberg (C) Vs. Braun Strowman: I honestly can't pretend to be the slightest bit interested in this match. I fully expect this match to headline one of the nights but, again I just don't care. I can't believe I'm going to say this but, I'd rather have seen Reigns Vs. Strowman in this match. I think Big Bad Billy G will probably come out with the win, injuring Strowman in the process.


15. NXT Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley (C) Vs. Charlotte Flair: I am really looking forward to seeing what promises to be another highlight in the Women's Evolution. Rhea Ripley has gone from strength to strength, becoming the first competitor to hold both NXT UK and NXT championships, and in the same year no less. Charlotte Flair continues to prove how great she is and why she deserves to be considered the top WWE female superstar. This match should headline one of the nights but, will probably be put at the start of one of the nights to make it more memorable. This should be a high impact match with a lot of strength on both sides. I would be interested to see Flair as NXT champion but, I think Ripley will come out with the win to cement her place at the top of her division.


16. WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar (C) Vs. Drew McIntyre: The build for this match has really done wonders for McIntyre and how he is perceived by the WWE audience. I don't think many people would have picked McIntyre as the winner of this years Royal Rumble but, he did in spectacular fashion by eliminating Brock Lesnar. This match has been built well over the past few weeks with McIntyre showing a completely different side to the audience and with Lesnar proving with Heyman he has as much charisma as a sock. This should be a hard hitting affair with a lot of high drama but, I think McIntyre will finally get the recognition and championship he deserves.

Comments