WWE Elimination Chamber Preview And Predictions




Welcome one and all to my preview and predictions blog for the upcoming WWE live special, Elimination Chamber. This is the final stop on the road to Wrestlemania and if I'm honest I forgot this show was on this Sunday. There are notable absences from the card, mainly no WWE or Universal Championship match as both champions only work one or two matches a year. There's also no men's singles Elimination Chamber match announced for the show. That's not to say that there aren't some decent matches on the card. As always I will be talking about the matches in no particular order.

If you have any comments or feedback on this or any of my posts leave a comment in the section below this post or by following me on Twitter and Instagram.

1. WWE United States Championship: Andrade (C) Vs. Humberto Carrillo: It's been a while since we have seen Andrade on television due to an unnamed wellness violation but, I must say if he stays out of his own way he is on his way to becoming a top star in the WWE. The same could be said of Carrillo minus the wellness violation, he is an incredible talent who has really gone from strength to strength in his relatively short time in the WWE. This will be an incredible match between two rapidly rising stars and should really cement their places on the card for Wrestlemania this year. I think it's unavoidable that Zelina Vega will be part of the outcome of this match but, I think Angel Garza might be too. Garza and Andrade make for a decent tandem and could be a great faction for the future. I think Andrade will retain but, I look forward to a rematch at Wrestlemania.


2. RAW Tag Team Championship: The Street Profits (C) Vs. Seth Rollins and Murphy: The Street Profits finally were given the opportunity they deserved on RAW and boy did they run with it. The profits are just a small part of an exciting tag team division but, they bring a different style and an entertaining aspect to the show. I actually liked the makeshift team of Rollins and Murphy and I think moving forward this faction will prove to be beneficial to Murphy who is another future world champion. This match will be more than likely lost a little in the shuffle as there are a lot more high profile matches on the card. This should be fast paced and hard hitting and really a great showcase for everyone involved. I cant see The Street Profits losing any time soon, I think they will retain.


3. No Disqualification: AJ Styles Vs. Aleister Black: This, in my opinion, will be the match of the night. Aleister Black has been on a roll over the past few months and not before time. Black is another face of the future, which might not mean a lot to people just now considering the situation with the main champions and the relentless use of over the hill "legends" but, I think he could be a main event player given the opportunity. AJ Styles continues to impress and week after week and heel Styles is fantastic. I like the element of no disqualification but, I have the sinking feeling that the finish may involve some meddling from a certain "Deadman". I would like the see Black come out with the win.


4. Smackdown Tag Team Championship Elimination Chamber Match: I was a huge fan of the first tag team Elimination Chamber match a few years ago and I'm really glad that they have brought the match back. There are some decent teams with New Day and The Uso's being reliable enough to put on a highlight reel match. Ziggler and Roode and the reunited Miz and Morrison are decent enough teams and could prove to be the x factor in this match. Heavy Machinery are a great team that continue to entertain me to no end. Lucha House Party have been inserted into the match in a rumoured contract dispute that would have seen The Revival taking part. This should be a highlight match that proves that tag team wrestling is still deserving of being better thought of. I think that Miz and Morrison will retain and head into Wrestlemania as champs.


5. 3 On 1 Handicap Match Intercontinental Championship: Braun Strowman (C) Vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Sami Zayn And Cesaro: I honestly don't see the point in this match. I understand that Braun is being built as an unstoppable monster but, putting him in a handicap match seems a little bit lazy. This is also a bit of a waste of three incredible talents and honestly they deserve better. This should be a pretty quick squash match to fill a little bit of time.


6. Women's Elimination Chamber Match: I think this match may be the main event and honestly it really deserves to be. In this match there is a great mix of youth and experience and hopefully it will be a coming out for a few of the entrants. Sarah Logan, Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan were once a great team but, now they seem to be making a name for themselves and have the potential to have a great feud with each other. Natalya is someone that I think may be a surprise in this match and could prove to be the spoiler for the predicted winner of the match, Shayna Baszler. I am really looking forward to seeing Shayna come face to face with Asuka in this one too as they didn't really have much interaction in the past. This will be another highlight reel for the women's evolution and be a talking point leading into Wrestlemania. I think Shayna Baszler will come out withe the win.

Comments